Sioux Center Christian School
Harlan De Vries
630 1st Ave SE
PO Box 165
Sioux Center, IA 51250
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
- TK-8th Grade Christian Education
- Faith Nurturing, Chapels, Small Groups
- Academic Excellence
- Inclusive Education
- Supportive, Dedicated Faculty and Staff
- Music, Athletics, and Drama
- Bus Routes, School Lunch, Media Center
- School Nurse, Guidance Counselor
- Technology, Specialist Teachers
- Vibrant Learning Community
Hours of OperationPhone: 712-722-0777
Address: 630 1st Avenue SE, PO Box 165, Sioux Center, IA 51250
The mission of Sioux Center Christian School is to disciple God’s children by equipping them with a knowledge and understanding of Christ and His creation so that they can obediently serve God and others as they work and play.
Celebrating a founding over 110 years ago, Sioux Center Christian School continues to serve God’s covenant children through distinctly Christian education. We remain faithful to a vision for Biblically-grounded, Christ-centered education.
We seek to nurture a Christian faith that proclaims Christ as Creator, Redeemer, and Lord of all. Since the day the school began, it has been the wish of the society, teachers, and supporters that the school’s graduates come to understand God’s power in His world, that they get to know that the Creator of the universe is their God and Savior, that He rules the world, and that He has touched their own hearts and lives with His love.
At SCCS, we partner with godly families. The values that are stressed at home are reinforced at school. We seek to prepare and equip citizens for the Kingdom of God, disciples who share the gospel. We partner with churches in reinforcing the message of salvation and the importance of serving and loving others.
When you ask any teacher or staff member what makes all of the work of education worth it, the first thing they'll say is the kids. It's our deep desire to train children in the way they should go, to help them to seek out God's will for their life, to help them use their talents and gifts, and to draw them closer to God by learning about His world and His Word. We're in the kid business, the business of training and discipling fellow disciples. We also provide a safe atmosphere through a secure main entrance, training our students in appropriate and respectful behavior, holding students accountable when they need disciplinary support, and providing adult supervision on the playground and in the hallways and classrooms. We want students to feel comfortable in their learning environment, and providing safety is one of our priorities.
Our teachers are committed believers seeking to model Christ before their students. They speak the truth, God's truth. That truth is weaved through the entire day, from devotions to math to chapel to recess. While not perfect, they stand in front of your children as not only experts in curricular areas, but also fellow image bearers and role models of Christ. We pray for students who struggle, we rejoice and celebrate, and we correct with themes of biblical restoration and grace.
- We believe children develop socially, physically, spiritually, academically, and emotionally. At Sioux Center Christian School, the faculty and staff are equipped to address each of these developing areas of a child’s life, in the light of God's Word. We take seriously the responsibility to develop minds, but we also seek to develop hearts - hearts for God. We seek to be excellent, and we seek to be Christ-centered. Christian educators help cultivate a worldview in which God has His rightful place, and they look to the Bible for guidance in answering life’s big questions. These teachers enhance our students' spiritual development in an intentional and nurturing manner.
That's what SCCS is all about: equipping our students with a knowledge and understanding of Christ and His creation. We want our students to serve God and others as they work and play, and we continue to seek God's will as we do just that.
We invite you to join us in this exciting journey!
To learn more, check out www.siouxcenterchristian.com or email the principal.