Sioux County Extension
400 Central Ave NW Ste # 700
Orange City, IA 51041
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday
ISU Extension and Outreach’s Fundamental Principles
- Our core purpose is to engage citizens through research‐based educational programs. We extend the resources of Iowa State University across our state.
- We accomplish our goals by developing diverse and meaningful partnerships.
- Through our purpose and partnerships, we increase the ability of Iowans to make informed decisions by applying relevant, needs‐driven resources, to create significant impact in our state.
Making a Difference for Iowans
ISU Extension and Outreach is focused on:
- feeding people
- keeping them healthy
- helping their communities to prosper and thrive, and
- turning the world over to the next generation better than we found it.
The Sioux County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University’s land-grant mission across Sioux County.
Sioux County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitions from one generation to the next is hard – we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learning how to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized support they need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
"Extension Idea" born in Sioux County
In 1903 a group of Iowa farmers cooperated with Iowa State to establish the “extension idea” – taking the land-grant college to the people. Today Iowa State University Extension looks forward to being part of a better future for all Iowans in the next 100 years. A commemorative plaque honoring the "birthplace of an idea" was placed on display in Hull, Iowa on August 1, 2007, during a celebration recognizing the 150th birthday of Iowa State University.